Instructional Technology Internship
During the summer of 2016, I completed my Instructional Technology Internship at Emory H. Markle Intemediate School as part of my Master's Degree program at Saint Joseph's University. As a part of this internship, I completed a variety of different tasks:
- Worked with the building principal to develop an implementation plan for a digital citizenship curriculum, including the creation of a website to showcase this curriculum for teaches and parents.
- Worked with the building assistant principal to re-design the school student handbook for better digital publication.
- Worked with another teacher to run a district-wide summer workshop on the presentation tool Nearpod.
- Worked with district instructional technology specialists to help with two different summer workshops on personalized and blended learning approaches - one workshop on flipped learning and one on the station rotation model.
- Worked with district instructional technology specialists to update the list of COPPA approved websites for the upcoming school year.
- Participated in a parent-information night regarding 1:1 laptop implementation along with building principal, district technology director, and district instructional technology director.
EMORY H. MARKLE INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP PLAN & WEBSITE
I developed this plan which details the curriculum to be implemented and the steps to be taken in order for Emory H. Markle Intermediate (EHMIS) school to gain the "Common Sense Education Certified School: Digital Citizenship". As part of the plan, I also developed a webpage for EHMIS's digital citizenship initiative and gave a presentation at a parent night regarding the digital citizenship curriculum.
Click here to download the plan in PDF format.
Click here to view the EHMIS Digital Citizenship webpage.
SOUTH WESTERN SCHOOL DISTRICT NEARPOD USER'S GUIDE
This guide was developed for use by teachers in the South Western School District as they implement the use of Nearpod in all classroom's this year through a district license. I created all aspects of this user's guide.
Click here to view my user's guide as a Google Document (opens in a new page).
DIGITAL TOOLS FOR PERSONALIZING LEARNING
As part of a workshop that I helped to co-facilitated, I created a list of go-to resources for personalizing your classroom as part of a blended-learning, flipped learning, or other environment.
Click here to view my list of resources as a Google Document (opens in a new page).
COPPA APPROVED WEBSITES FOR SOUTH WESTERN SCHOOL DISTRICT
One task during my internship was to gather websites and resources used by district teachers to be added to the district-wide COPPA list for parent approval at the beginning of the school year.
Click here to view South Western School District's list of COPPA approved web resources (opens in a new window).